Thursday, July 26, 2007


Here is a bag that I am knitting. It is from Debbie Stoller's book Stitch N' Bitch. I have all the pieces done I just have to sew them together now. But of course since I am packing, they are somewhere in a box ready to move next month. So that project is on hold. I do love to knit. Another project I am knitting is a baby blanket. I do not know how long it will take me to knit it as I am new to this. The blanket will only be my 3rd thing I've ever knitted. You can find the pattern for the blanket here. I will post progress pictures as soon as I can borrow my friend's digital camera again. I have to give it back today. Of course I can't use the yarn that it recommends so I am making it hard on myself. I do hope that it turns out as fabulous as it is in my head! The kids and I are headed over to my friend's house that just moved in a couple streets over to swim in her kiddie pool. It is extremely hot today. She text messaged me on my cell phone earlier asking if I wanted to meet her at the park. I then asked her if she knew how hot it was outside today and she then tells me no, that she is still in her pj's. I did let her know so then she offers a dip in her little pool! Yay! And my son has a playdate with a dad and his two kids at the community pool early this evening when it starts to cool off about 5pm-ish. Since this is southern California, the sun doesn't even set until 9pm here. Which takes some getting use to since none of my kids want to go to bed with the sun still out. And it throws my schedule off. I am thinking it is still afternoon and it's already dinner time and I haven't even started yet.

Well, I am going to leave you with some pictures of my beautiful tomato plants. I have to water these 3 times a day to keep them from dying. They wilt so easy here in southern Cali. Even still, the leaves are still turning yellow. I had to move them to partial shade in the hottest part of the day. I hope this will help them stay nice and green. I do have a lot of tomatoes on them! I can't wait for them to be ready to pick. I will have some Fried Green Tomatoes finally!





Everyone enjoy their summer!
Mommy Lynda

No comments: