Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
This past month I have been perusing the blog world. Sometimes I come across a blog that I just can't by without checking for an update. Warm Pie, Happy Home is one of those blogs. RuthAnn is just a sweet heart and opens up her home and shares her recipes with everyone. She's a tradition housewife with a country heart. You should rush right over there and check her out! Not to mention she has my dream kitchen! Right down to the stove.
Today is the day after rain. The sun is shining brightly reflecting off the stucco houses here with the dark looming clouds blowing away in the background. I love it. I've got the windows thrown open. Laundry smells sweeter and I've got one of my candles going. Pumpkin pie from Walmart. It's a nice, crisp day. Even my two cats love it. They are running around the house doing their cat olympics and taunting each other. Between the kids and the cats, there is always something that needs to be picked up. (One just lept over my head from the couch! My hair moved.)
Have a wonderful day today. Enjoy the rest of the week! I may get to post again this week, but we'll see. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this week. Maybe a few loaves of bread and a pie if I have enough apples left.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
It's the middle of January and the leaves are falling off the trees around here. It feels and looks like the beginning of fall. The weather is nice still warm, the sun is shining, and the leaves are falling. This does not look like the end of winter/beginning of spring.
I have my first photo booking. A wedding. I'm nervous since it will be my first and a wedding is a big deal. I have 2 weeks to read up on some techniques and angles. I'm loving looking through all the flickr wedding photos. Good inspiration there.
Okay peeps. I'm off the enjoy the rest of today with my family. Have a good weekend!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
This is the smile that I adore! Complete and udder All the troubles really do just melt away and become insignificant in the presence of this smile.
When I see these photos of my precious youngest, it reminds me to enjoy the little moments that pass by. The little golden nuggets. Without them we would drown in depression.
Well, I have to go now. My middle and outspoken and determined baby is wanting some cereal.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
There's a lot of catching up I'm doing with the state of my home. I have been working on making this place a home and a refuge from the world outside our door about a couple years now. I wasn't progressing there for about 6 months because of depression while my husband was deployed. I didn't have the right medicine and I didn't have the energy to find a psychiatrist and psychologist at the time either and my family doctor isn't specialized. (I hesitate to state what I deal with for the stigma's that society has placed. I am Bipolar and ADD with, of course, some OCD.) She only prescribes what I've already been told to take when I originally had the military psychologist. So now I'm actually doing much better and can get it going during the day. I've learned some key triggers to help me get started in the mornings so I don't snap back into no energy or motivation.
- The first thing I do is turn on all the lights as I walk through downstairs. It's still too dark outside to open any curtains.
- The second thing I do is start my coffee or grab a Cherry Pepsi. This I need to take my medicine. (I take thyroid medicine also and that cannot be taken with food for an hour afterwards.)
- At this point, my husband and his friend that stay with us is getting ready for work. I make sure they have everything they need. Lunch is grabbed and not left behind. Phones are charged and in hand to take with them. Truck is started and warming outside. Uniforms are good and in hand. Then I stand outside with them and chit chat as they wake up and smoke their morning cigarette. (I do NOT smoke. And never have my entire life!) Then I stand out and say by as they leave.
- The next thing which is very important to me- turn on the TV to the music station. Not the regular cable mtv, or vh1, or cmt. The other ones in the 900's. During the week its country. Fridays and sometimes Thursday its rock. (My poor hubby does not like country, a.t. a.l.l., and he married this little Texan girl!) So I wait until he's gone before I subject him to that cruelty. (LOL)
- At this point my day can go one of two ways. Really good or just okay. Really good is when I go straight to the kitchen and start cleaning. I start my morning list in the kitchen. Then start laundry. (Trying to get into the habit of a little laundry every day. We are sooo behind.)
- By 6:30am my day can be going really well still if my baby is still asleep. If she wakes up early at this time, then my day has drastically been delayed and I really cannot seem to catch up and then I get discouraged and aggravated by the fact that I'm discouraged and defeated and my day is now pretty much over cleaning wise. I will try to do a couple more things when she naps. Or if she is content playing on the floor without me, then my day is restored. (Yes, I know I should not get discouraged and aggravated, but I haven't been able to tackle that part of me yet.)
Well, I'm off to get started. Have a good today!
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Well, well, well. Lack of motivation now for months. When does it end?!
I've got to snap out of it and get it together. My to-do list if really long. And my creative spark is sparking. But I can't do anything with a mess around. Weird I know.
I'm sitting here and while blogging, I'm watching Giada on the Food Network. She shoot a Corn Cannon!! She has a target on the back of a tanker type truck. Oh! I so had to hit the DVR record button so I can show my Huney when he gets home from work. You talk about a project for him and his friend to try and make.
I will post more often. Promise.