Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Entrepreneurship


What does this mean to you?

There are a few women that I truly admire for their entrepreneurship abilities. Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Mary Kay, Jenna Jameson, Bethenny Frankel, among many others that are not so famous.

Today, a friendly blogger I follow, did a review of Bethenny's accomplishments. She did such a splendid job that I am just going to leave her review for you to read here. The Life of a Suburban Princess is the blog I'm referring to. Here's what she had to say:



She attended the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute in New York to become a chef. After she graduated, she formed BethennyBakes, a company that provided wheat-, egg-, and dairy-free baked goods, meals for private clients, and a custom-meal delivery service. The company ceased production upon the launch of Frankel's Skinnygirl brand in 2009. (SP - She was creating allergy-free baked goods when this sort of thing was unheard of! She herself says she built her company out of rubble!)


Bethenny was one of 16 candidates in The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. She made it to the series finale before losing to Dawna Stone. (SP - How amazing is that?! To even make it onto the show is a huge accomplishment!)


Bethenny is currently one of the seven women featured on Bravo's series The Real Housewives of New York City. On June 10, 2010, Bravo TV aired a series spinoff, Bethenny Getting Married?. The show follows Frankel through the planning of her wedding and life with Jason Hoppy. (SP - Imagine being so interesting! If cameras followed me most days there would be a lot of footage of the dishwasher being loaded, laundry being folded....)


In March 2009, Frankel's first book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting, was published by Fireside. (SP - My own book is in the works so I know what goes into it - to be picked up or approached by a publisher is huge!)


In December 2009, Her second book, The SkinnyGirl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life was published, also by Fireside. (SP - Her first book was such a huge success the market warranted a second one!)

She released an exercise DVD, Body by Bethenny, in spring 2010. (SP - I dont have the time, energy or motovation to put an exercise dvd on let alone make one!)


The Skinnygirl Rules, an audiobook read by Frankel, was described as a summary of the first two books.

She is currently working on two more books, A Place of Yes, and Naturally Fit Pregnancy, as well as a skincare line. (SP - remember when she told KKB she comes from a place of yes? At that moment my entire view of Bethenny changed!)

On June 10, 2010, her new series, Bethenny Getting Married?, had the highest ratings of any series debut in Bravo history with over 2 million viewers. (SP - I havn't even watched my own wedding video!)

Bethenny posed nude for PETA in September 2009. The photo was featured on a billboard in Times Square as part of animal rights group PETA's anti-fur campaign. (SP - No one wants to see me pose nude, not even for a cause!)

Just 3 weeks after giving birth Frankel posed in a size-4 swimsuit for Us Magazine. (SP - I would love to be a size 4!!!)

Once again, thank you to Wiki for making me look like I know a lot more than I really do.


If I had this cheeky little bod I would wear a bikini too. Everywhere.

In the middle of all of of this Bethenny has come out with her own drink and a new brand!


I have invested some time into getting my own drink off the ground and let me tell you, it isn't easy!


I am picturing something like this in pink and green with my logo on the side!


Bethenny graced the cover of People last week - the first Housewife to do so.

If you have seen her new show you will know just how hard Bethenny works. She did not come from money or fame...she simply worked hard her whole life to get to this place. In a time when so many people think everything should be handed to them Bethenny has earned every dollar she has made with her drive, ambition and hard work.

She is a great example of what we can accomplish when we set our minds to it!


Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I am honoured! Thank you!
I feel so special now lol!
Thanks for visiting my blog :O)

Melissa Miller said...

Thank you for entering and for following along sweet friend! It's nice to meet you! You are always welcome to stop by anytime!

I have seen Bethany on tv many times and never knew so much about her life. Wow! She is a hard worker. That's awesome and she is to be admired for it. I need to try her exercise routines!

Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa :)