Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tired. So very tired this morning. I have weaned baby from breast to bottle and formula this past weekend and so far she is weaned rather smoothly. However, those middle of the night feedings are not what I am use to. This is the earliest I have ever weaned onto the bottle with formula for any of my kids. I have come to love the ease of breastfeeding at night and sleeping with my bundle of joy next to me. But now, when she wakes from hunger... I have to get up, walk half asleep to the bathroom, mix her formula which is more clumpy than it is during the day, and pour into her bottle, and then walk half blinded from the lights back to bed and then get baby girl and feed her. Oh, but the fun doesn't stop there. Then there is burping, hoping she doesn't wake fully, and diapers if there is a messy diaper... it continues. I love my baby girl and I'm loving having the energy during the day to get my house on a routine and clean now that I've switched her to formula. So I am just learning to deal. I did order one of those handy dandy day and night bottle warmers from Amazon. It will be so much smoother using one of those because you can store 2 bottles in the rear part of it and it will keep it cool for me! How cool is that? I have Amazon Prime, so I have 2 day free shipping! And oh how I could use that like right. now. I also ordered more of the bottles that she tends to favor. They are the Playtex Ventaire Wide. My last baby loved those too. These are suppose to be a little easier for baby to switch from breast to bottle with the "wide"ness of it. They are also BPA free for those of you following that.


This is what I am going to be doing a lot of today. Computer time. (I broke that lock/unlock thingy off the key chain a few months ago. The hole for the ring to go through is broken. Does anyone know how much those thingies cost? It's a Ford.



And a lot of this.
The only thing I have on my to do list today is:
  1. fold and put away laundry
  2. clean inside oven (already have the cleaner sitting in it)
  3. ... wow. I thought I had something else to put here. I guess I really am taking a rest day.

No comments: