Friday, February 19, 2010


This has been me for the past 5 days now. I just had surgery on Monday and can only sleep in an incline position. I am fine now and doing much much better. Percocet was my friend the first few days. Now its Vicodin. He's now my friend but not so often anymore. I've been camping out on my living room couch with a rolling microwave cart holding all my things. It's quite convenient to have it hold my drinks and magazines, my laptop, and my yard for knitting. A nice break from it all, in a way. The only hard part is the not lifting my baby girl. She's 4 months now and I feed her in her swing. Now granted that is her favorite place to be, but she needs to be up and looking around now. She gets that time with Daddy though so all is not lost.

I've been watching bits and pieces of the Olympics for the first time in years. Is it just me, or is this year a good year to watch? I also watched the Westminster Dog Show. I missed the overall winners though. I just watched the showings. I did DVR my all-time-favorite show. It came on as a marathon for a few hours yesterday and the new show came on. The Real Housewives of Orange County!!!! I know I am one of the few left that still likes Vickie! I do. I like Alexis also. I would like to see more of her and her husband on there. But they are kinda drama-free which is what I like. But they are so darling together!

I should be making lists and planning our vacation that is coming up at the end of March, but I just cannot seem to be kicking it into gear. This is the perfect time. Laid all up on the couch and all... (LOL). But the drug induced sleep comes more than the fuzz free thinking does. So for now, I leave you with warm thoughts and best wishes for the rest of your day today. Have a great Friday!


p.s. There is another wonderful give-away on Kag's blog. Go here to enter!

p.p.s There is another give-away from Beth Dunn's blog Social Climbers. If you haven't read her book yet, you have to run right now to go buy it! It's filled with humor. She is also have a give-away to kick off The Preppy Mafia.

No comments: