Saturday, April 12, 2008


canyon view christion fellowship

30 days to live

Legacy

This is a sermon you should really be apart of. I will recap the outline for you here. It really is a wonderful topic. More christians should ask themselves these questions.

How do I leave a Godly legacy?

1. Say the words God wants me to say. (Proverbs 4:20-24)

a. What stops me from speaking God's words into others?

i. My life doesn't measure up.

ii. I don't understand how grace works.

iii. I lack confidence in the Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

b. I need to develop a love affair with God and His Bible.

c. I need to tell other. Who and what?

2. Do what God sent me to do.

Acts 17:28 For in him we live and move and have our being.

a. I must understand my unique SHAPE.

i. S = Spiritual gifts

ii. H = Heart

iii. A = Abilities

iv. P = Personality

v. E = Experiences

b. I must understand what God has put me on the earth to do.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

c. When I begin to walk this way I become really alive.

d. How alive am I? What is my unfinished assignment?

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

3. Live how God wants me to live. (2 Timothy 4:6-8)

a. What will people say at my funeral?

"The decisions you are making today are actually making the bed you will lie in while you wait to die." Chazown, Groeschel

b. I'm building those stories one day at a time.

c. How ___________ will I be when I stand before God?

1 John 2:17 The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

No comments: