Friday, April 27, 2007


So after reading some of my favorite blogs this morning, I came across Skirt Month at Sew,Mama,Sew! Sewing Blog. You have to check it out! It is a whole month dedicated to sewing skirts. Now I am not a big skirt fan, but recently I have been wanting a few more skirts in my wardrobe for summer. This is going to be ideal.
Growing up, my grandmother has influenced me in a lot of ways. I remember her always wearing a dress. Even working out in her yard. She had more dresses than anyone I knew. She had all 3 of her bedroom closets full. And her bedroom closet was a walking closet. One of my favorites that I have seen.

This summer season will be fresh and new for me. I have been reinventing myself the last couple of months. Trying to make a better home for my family in the process. I haven't been much of a homemaker lately, if ever, and that is something that I need to change. My family needs me to be here for them.

I am very excited! I received Amy Butler's In Stitches yesterday. I sat down and went through the book twice. I was getting ideas of what I wanted to make first. I still haven't decided. I want to make everything in the book! They are wonderful ideas. If you have never had the opportunity to see any of her patterns, you will love this book!

No comments: