Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here is more from my book I'm reading right now. If you don't know what book it is, refer to the previous post before this one.


If you're exhausted emotionally and/or spiritually, check these points:


  1. Have you rearranged your life to make God first- living in his presence and allowing plenty of time for worship, thanksgiving, his Word, and asking him about things?
  2. Have you settled into the best church available, and made your fellow believers second in your life? Are you especially loving a few of then at such a close range, in a "small group," so that you can exchange your joys and burdens and needs, get counsel from them, and be held accountable to them?
  3. Have you a plan for reaching those around you for Christ? Are you giving yourself away to the physical and spiritual needs of others?
These three priorities, in this order, will probably give you all the spiritual and emotional stamina you need. But if you say "yes" to these three and your job still exhausts you, you may be in the wrong job.
Work is God's plan for us, so we must find the work that best suits our gifts. We will probably shift in our lives from one type of work to another; that's good. Circumstances may cause this, or maybe those time-capsules going off inside, opening up new interests and gifts.
The source of your money is never your job. If it were and you lost your job, you might have a nervous collapse. No, the source of your money is God. He owns it all; he distributes it as he pleases; and he has promised over and over to take care of the physical needs of every one of his children.
God is always our source! The life of faith demands that we do his will first- before we concern ourselves with supply. That is, before we concern ourselves with supply of money, physical energy, time, or any other need. In the Christian life it's not "seeing is believing"; it's "believing is seeing." First seek "His kingdom, and His righteousness," and after that "all these things shall be added to you" (Matt 6:33).

Now that is how I want to live. I'm not there. At. All. But this is where I want to be. I don't want to be exhausted emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Who does? And life seems to be continually throwing road blocks that I need to overcome. Of course I need God more now that I did last month, last week, or even yesterday. But he will always be there for us as promised. And I love that. I love knowing that I can go to him whenever I need to. I don't have to wait for an opportune time. Every time is the most opportune time.


Bless y'all and love y'all!

1 comment:

Socially Savvy said...

Excellent Blog! Thank you for the reminders and I say Amen to it all.