Thursday, January 03, 2008


Happy New Year!!

We are starting a new year for us! We don't do resolutions. There are a few changes we will be making in our everyday lives though. I am going to get my garden started. I am going to start small though. Only about a few vegetables and a few herbs. I might throw in a few fruits also. Something like strawberries and something else. Not exactly sure yet. I have been wanting to do a garden for some time now but just haven't committed myself to getting it done. A raised garden bed is going to be the best bet for us. I would also like to start composting also. We will see about that. That may not be in the plans for this year yet.

We are also waiting on baby to be born. We thought that baby would be here by now. I don't think any of us were counting on baby making it to January. If baby needs to be baking a little longer, then that is okay with me. Maybe that will be fewer newborn problems like I had with Baby Girl. She was induced too early.

This is going to be a hard year for us emotionally. DH is going on a long trip. So we may decide to do some traveling. We will see how it goes. I still haven't figured out how we would travel with our two dogs in tow. It's easy to travel with small dogs, but we have extra large breed dogs. Well, one is a large breed and one is an extra large breed. I have a truck and the whole back seat is car seats. It will be filled with 2 car seats and 1 booster seat. So no room for doggies in back! They will have to be in the bed of the truck and I'm not really liking that idea. We use to have an extra large crate that they could go in, but our friends borrowed it and their dog got it infected with the herpes virus. So they are going to buy us a new one.

I look forward to this year! A first for me. I see a lot of healthy and wonderful changes for us! Hopefully, at the end of this year, we will be done with our bankruptcy also! That will be so huge for us!! We will be trading in our truck for a different vehicle that will get better gas mileage and hold more people. I was intent on getting a Ford Expedition. When you look at the rising gas prices, I have finally conceded my Expedition. We will most likely be getting a minivan. Not quite sure on that. I am not a minivan person, but when you want a large family and not the gas bill every month, you do what you have to. We still have the whole year to look at our options. I don't want to be buying or trading vehicles every 2 or 3 years. I want one that will last with us for a while.

I hope every one of you has a wonderful and blessed year this year!

No comments: