Monday, September 24, 2007

I am still awake after getting no sleep at all. It's early morning and if I go to sleep now, my boy won't get up in time for Kindergarten. So I might as well stay up now.

I am looking for a sewing table. I do not want to get a fold up table. They aren't sturdy enough when you start sewing. I borrowed one and I hated it when I was sewing. We have been in this new home of ours for about 3 weeks now and I am wanting my sewing machine out. Now that we have the room, I can get a sewing table without having to use the dining room table. It's great! I am on Ebay looking at Sergers for sewing cloth diapers. I have sewn a few and really want to try with a Serger.

"She looketh well to the ways of her household." Proverbs 31:27
www.avirtuouswoman.org

I found this site a few years ago and have gleaned information about homemaking and being a better person from this woman. She is amazing. She has a wonderful ministry and invite you to take a peak at her site.

I can't tell you how anxious I am to get started on a lot of projects I have going on. I am knitting a baby blanket for the new baby, but ran out of yarn. The yarn store that carries this particular yarn is kinda far so I haven't made the trip yet. I am in the middle of sewing cloth diapers and stopped because we were moving and I wanted to wait until I got more supplies. I have completed the quilt top for my baby girl before she was born and haven't gotten around to quilting it yet. She is almost 2 now. I painted the kitchen yellow today because I was bored and had the creative strike in me. I am on a baking frenzy also. I am planning my baby shower and have pictures saved for the baby cake that I want to bake and use fondant as the top. I have never used fondant before so this is going to be interesting. I am also on a cooking streak. I want to can vegetables for the winter and for when I'm stuck inside with a newborn. I want to start a vegetable garden so I can save more money. I have a mudpit in my backyard along the back fence that I am trying to figure out what to plant to save the grass and keep my big dog from jumping at the fence at the kids playing in the park that is on the other side of my fence.
He is a Neopolitan Mastiff. He doesn't want at the kids, he just jumps and barks to let them know he is there. He's such a goob! He is such a big baby. Anytime we go outside and he stays inside, he whines because we left him.

My dear husband has gotten his hours changed once again at work. He is on days for the next 2 weeks until everyone else at his job comes back from their assignment. Then he goes back to nights. I like him on days because then we get to see him like a real family, but seeing how we have only one vehicle right now, it's hard not having the truck during the day to do my running around that needs to be done. Oh well. We will survive!

MommyLynda

No comments: