Monday, November 15, 2010

Look at my newest cutie! My little Halloween baby. I am so in love with this little guy. He is already teaching me to slow down. We are learning each other. He had a posterior tongue tie that we had clipped when he was 5 days old. Now we are finally getting the breastfeeding down really good. I'm no longer hurting when he nurses and he's gaining weight. Yay! Baby Aidan is awake and alert more. He calms when he hears my voice. He also sleeps without me holding him for more than 5 minutes about once a day too. Which helps me either get 1 thing done or get some bread ready to bake. He is such a lovely little boy. Can you tell that I am in love with my kids?!



This is a Christmas gift that I am knitting for my precious little 1 year old baby girl. Can you tell what it is? It's a Dachshund Balloon Animal from Lion Brand Yarn's website. It is a simple knit. If you are a beginner, then you can definitely knit this one up. I have ordered some wool filling for it so that my baby girl will have something to play with that isn't full of chemicals. It won't be harmful for her and even the littlest one will be able to play with it without harm to his little body also. So win-win for me!

I'm revamping my home. More homemade and less chemicals. Simplifying. Right now I'm reading Simplicity Parenting. I've been using less store bought cleaning supplies and using environmentally friendly cleaning supplies from Shaklee, but now I'm going even further and will use mostly homemade cleaners once I run out of what I have. As for the store bought, I will keep my Simple Green and bleach and will give away the rest that I have. I have a lot too. When my neighbors move, they give me all their cleaners. (The movers are not allowed to pack up and ship chemicals.)

I've got all the makings for homemade laundry detergent. I'm waiting on all my makings to make homemade soap. I should be receiving the rest sometime this week or next week. I can't wait to try my hand at making homemade soap. I plan to give some for Christmas gifts to the parents this year. I was planning on knitting some dish cloths to go with their homemade soap as gifts, but I'm not sure I'll get it all knitted that I want knitted for gifts. They may be late gifts. We'll see. This year is a more handmade/homemade Christmas. It goes in line with my new simplifying way of life I'm slowly incorporating into my home.

What are your plans for Christmas gifts this year?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lynda,

Thanks for visiting my site. I love the little balloon animal you're knitting. It's such a good idea to make cute and soft toys for babies and children. Good luck with simplifying. I'm still in the process of it, too. By the way, your Halloween baby is a cutie! Have fun and enjoy!