Wednesday, December 12, 2007


AVON

I've started with Avon now! I use to be with Avon about 4 years ago. It's a good way for me to be home with my kids and take care of my house AND earn some extra money. I like the opportunity it allows me and the flexibility it allows. You truly determine your own success.


The family is doing well. We are gearing up for the holidays. Actually we are gearing down. We don't participate in the holiday rush. No thank you. The Christmas celebration in our house isn't surrounded around Santa Claus. We acknowledge the fact that there is a Santa Claus, but we teach that Christmas is about Jesus' birth and that the gifts we receive symbolize the gifts the wise men took to Jesus. I do not let our children get caught up in today's idea of a materialistic Christmas mad house. It's not rewarding or fulfilling. It started out because we didn't have enough money to spend on Christmas gifts and we refused to load up our credit cards for the gifts. Now, it has evolved into the true meaning of Christmas as close as we can get it year after year. Next year we are going to add the Advent Calendar to our Christmas.

Baby Girl had a nasty fall yesterday. We have a brick banister that surrounds our front patio. It is about 3 feet tall. She likes to walk along the banister. She has fallen off of it a couple of times and caught herself when she landed. Well, not this time. This time when she fell, she landed on her back and hit her head on the concrete. I had a real scare! I freaked out! She is okay now and there weren't any signs of any head trauma so we didn't take her in. I was constantly watching her for ANY signs. Later that night, after I gave her some Tylenol for the headache she must have had, she started jumping on the bed. Yes, the Tylenol must have kicked in! She's fine now!

Big Brother has a Christmas singing thing with his school's Kindergarten classes next week. Yes, there will be pictures! Daddy will definitely be there to see that! We all will! I'm curious to see how well Baby Girl will sit through it. She is only 2 years old.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: