Friday, June 17, 2011

A Diagnosis

I believe that we finally have an answer and a solution to our lack of weight gain for the baby. Hallelujah! We are starting a trial of medicine to help with the acid reflux. The doctors missed it beforehand because he didn't have the tell-tale sign of spitting up or vomiting. But this specialty pediatric doctor caught it. Hopefully caught it. We are hoping that it clears up in a couple of weeks. However, if by 4 weeks it hasn't, then a camera tube will be inserted down his throat. (I cringe when I think about my poor little 13 pound 7 month old having to endure that!)

We also are advised to change his diet. No more dairy, eggs, fish, or citrus foods. Also, no more jar baby foods that you buy. The water content is high and I need to start making our own foods. Another addition is to add the baby cereal back into his diet. He needs the iron.

He had a tongue tie clipped when he was 5 days old. It is also needing to be clipped again. And come to find out, he also has an upper lip tie, which I knew nothing about! I didn't know that was possible. I guess anything can be possible with the human body.

My poor baby has been hurting for over 4 months now and we didn't catch it! I feel so rotten. Like I have failed him. I am so thankful that this is such an easy fix and can be done without being invasive. I really pray that this is the answer. It is so hard to see your baby and know that he's in pain and have the doctors brush your concerns aside. I am so frustrated with our previous doctors!

I celebrate a little each day knowing that this is the longest I have ever breastfed any of my children. Woohoo! Do you know what a feat that is? Especially with this baby. As I look in the past with the other children I wonder if that is why we always weaned so early with them. Were they also hurting and this was the answer for them? They each had their own symptoms that point to it in hindsight. But you know what? Everything happens for a reason. God has a plan and this is how it played out. I trust in Him.

We have a few events going on here. I am still reading through our book with the book club. Ministry of Motherhood is a really good read. Being a mom is my ministry. Raising the children that God has blessed my husband and I with are my priorities. My husband is my priority. There is no higher calling than them. My home is where I dwell and work. And I love it. The devil has tried to pull me away. Tried to seduce me with being a worldly woman instead of a Godly woman. He has tried to tempt me and to neglect my family and my calling. But I now know what my calling is.

2 comments:

Socially Savvy said...

Awesome that you have your priorities straight! God, Family, & Friends. HE is working it all out. Have a wonderful summer! Joy

Socially Savvy said...

Awesome that you have your priorities straight! God, Family, & Friends. HE is working it all out. Have a wonderful summer! Joy