Wednesday, June 27, 2012




Public school vs. Homeschool vs. Charter School

Again, this year, we are trying to decide what is best for our family. We've moved into a new school area and have asked around about this school. The consesus is that this school is worse than our previous school. Great. (Insert sarcastic tone here.) The ONLY positive thing about this new school is that it is quite literally across the street from our house.

We've checked out the charter schools in our county and the registration is ridiculously early and already closed. There isn't a garuantee that the child enrolling is even accepted. There is a lottery. Either way, we are MONTHS past the deadline.

So it is homeschooling again this year.
Which to be totally honest, is what I wanted to do the whole time. I did not want to give up on my kid's education. I still want the best for them. In my quest to finding balance in my own life, we are going to keep the homeschooling going for them. We will make everything else work.

It's all about priorities.

No comments: