Monday, September 17, 2007


Finances

The ugly "f" word! I have been trying unsuccessfully for more than 4 years to get a hold on my spending and our finances. Just when I think that I have done so well and wrote everything thing down that we have spent and tallied up the totals, I find something on our online banking website that I completely forgot to write down. And therefore leads to overdraft charges. It's very defeating to have to go through this. It feels like I shouldn't even worry about it and just let it do this every payday. But I know better.

Today starts my husband's new work schedule. He has been working nights his whole 10 years with his work. But the last month he has been working days. Now he is going back to nights. Since we only have one vehicle, I am looking forward to getting access to the vehicle during the day when I need it to avoid rush hour traffic! When I start working is when we will have conflicts. We need to work something out.

I have been looking at growing a vegetable garden here in the fall. Since I live in the gardening zone where our fall and winter is like a second planting season. We do not have any frost. So after our maintenance guy comes to fix the sprinkler system in our back yard, I am going to scope out a good spot and figure out how to keep the big dogs out of it. I've already got an idea of what I want to plant. I'm going to plant broccoli, carrots, garlic, leeks, onions, parsley, peas, potatoes, and some shallots. I'm looking forward to it. It's nice and cool out there right now. I should get started. But the planning stage is first.

Okay। Today's agenda। Monday:

* call in maintenance requests.

* laundry- catch up and couch blankets

* dishes

* sweep and mop downstairs floors

* vacuum downstairs

* sweep front and back patio

* plan vegetable garden


Here are a couple of websites for you to go look at and get some great ideas!

Martha Stewart.com

Real Simple





No comments: